Senior Project Manager
Our client, a leading design and project management consultancy, has a fantastic opportunity to work across a diverse range of private and affordable housing schemes across the south east.
As a consequence of a burgeoning project pipeline, they’re recruiting a senior project manager to become part of their robust delivery team. Projects range from £1m-£30m (to c100 units) and its award-winning work is nationally recognised for its solid client relationships and consistently going the extra mile.
Critical to post is hiring a project management professional who has experience of pre-contract negotiations – an ideal candidate is someone who can comfortably step into associated JCT administration from the start.
You will be based from the Surrey office and on-site liaising with multiple parties therefore sound communication and numerical skills are essential, as well as the ability to take ownership of several projects and associated junior staff.
Other main responsibilities:
- Planning, management, co-ordination and financial control of construction projects
- Leading the day-to-day delivery of projects, with support from administrators/PAs
- Managing design teams in the development of solutions to specific design stages
- Administration of a variety of building contracts
- Proactively managing the building contract and ensuring compliance with the contract terms and conditions, preparing and issuing contract notices for payment, delays, instructions etc.
- Managing reporting on both the design team and contractor’s progress against the contract programme and cost plan
- Liaison with stakeholders to identify their specific requirements and maintaining regular updates
- Management of sub team within the project management department
- Working closely with directors to refine strategy in terms of processes and ways of working to provide an efficient professional service across the team
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with new and existing clients
Key requirements and skills:
- Technical background preferred (quantity surveying / building surveying preferred)
- MRICS, CIOB or APM qualifications preferred (but not essential)
- Experienced in design, procurement and construction process (ideally residential sector)
- Team management experience
- Car driver
This is a progressive position. The expectation is for the post holder to become an associate, stepping into a management role whilst initially forming part of the senior delivery team.
In return, our client can offer a very friendly and supportive place of work coupled with a competitive salary.
At MJH Recruitment it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise: choose the experts… We make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 020 7932 0090