Our client is a boutique project management practice based in Berkshire. They’ve seeking to hire a confident Assistant or budding ‘project running’ Project Manager to support a Director on a large business school project for a South East London University. You will be directly supporting the Director and then transitioning from support to running the project but with their consistent oversight. The project is on a challenging site, with complex issues to solve, and it’s currently budgeted at £40m with a project duration of 5 years.
However, this project would only form 50% of your time and therefore you will need to factor being located on site as well as based out of their offices in Newbury. Any commute has to make sense! It’s also likely you’re possibly still progressing some professional certification and need to be in an office environment frequently – our client will happily support those seeking to achieve full professional status, ideally in pursuit of RICS.
For the rest of your working week you will become an integral part of their close knit team making significant contributions to the business, both commercially and culturally. Other projects are located across the South East and Midlands so candidate must be able to drive, own their own vehicle and principally be within a 1.30hr commuting distance of the Newbury area (ie. locations west & north of Gatwick!).
Successful applicant requirements:
- BSc in Surveying / Construction project management / Engineering or Architecture degree – with preference for Honours accreditation to RICS (APC pathway)
- Min 2/3 years full time professional consultancy experience to date
- Effective communicator and enthusiastic character.
- Good knowledge of the key principals of Project Management.
- Understanding general principles of project / development cost control.
- Understanding of project programmes and critical paths
- Good MS Office skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Car owner & driver (with clean licence)
Package would include a starting salary upto £50,000 basic (dependent on experience) + 5% Pension + 28 days paid holiday + Discretionary benefits + Bonus + one professional subscription paid.
At mjhrecruitment it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to match this specification, please drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090