Senior Project Manager
Our client, a leading design & project management consultancy has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to manage a diverse range of affordable housing schemes across the South East. Only competent project runners with residential experience (Housing Association led) need apply!
The role is a delivery focused albeit there is also an increase in pre-contract work too. Projects can be complex (in terms of client demands) and ideally candidates should be experienced in dealing with completion contracts, executing risk registers and performing Employers Agent duties.
Schemes range from £1m – £30m (to c30-180 units) and their award-winning work is nationally recognized for their solid client relationships and consistently going the extra mile. Your day to day role will be based from their Surrey based office and on-site liaising with multiple stakeholder parties.
Other main responsibilities:
- Leading the planning, management, co-ordination and financial control of construction projects
- Leading the day-to-day delivery of projects, with administrators/PAs
- Co-ordinating with design teams in the development of solutions to specific design stages
- Administrative duties of a variety of building contracts
- Proactively managing the building contract and ensuring compliance with the contract terms and conditions, preparing and issuing contract notices for payment, delays, instructions etc.
- Involvement with reporting on both the design team and contractor’s progress against the contract programme and cost plan
- Liaison with stakeholders to identify their specific requirements and maintaining regular updates
- Working closely with directors to refine strategy in terms of processes and ways of working to provide an efficient professional service across the team
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with new and existing clients
Key requirements and skills:
- MSc / BSc Surveying construction degree
- Professional consultancy background with either RICS, APM, CIOB or ARB membership
- Proven track record of residential projects – preferably for private partnership JV’s / Housing Associations.
- Competent client managerial skills
- Car driver with own vehicle
This is a progressive position as our client is hoping that the successful candidate will progress to Associate status in the relative short term. (Experience and performance dependent)
In return, our client can offer a competitive starting salary to c£65,000pa (experience dependant), 25 days holiday, 8% Pension, Professional Subscriptions.
At mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090