Our client is maintaining significant project traction with schemes planned (and projected) well beyond 2023. They are a niche UK Project Management consultancy supported by an influential US partner and looking to appoint a Project Manager to help deliver a host of new projects within the UK, particularly in the South West and Oxfordshire areas.
Working alongside Directors & other Senior Project Managers, you will be managing various refurbishments / redevelopments of independent roadside service stations to include associated retail facilities with well-known global brands.
The successful individual will be responsible for the delivery of concurrent projects, at various stages (pre-construction services, construction monitoring and project closeout) and will be in a client facing role.
Some essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Directs and coordinates the activities of project team to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Examines construction documentation including drawings, schedules, and scopes to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews tender results, specifications, test and progress reports, and other project information necessary to gain complete familiarity with the project.
- Directly manages and monitors project work in the field.
- Diligently manages change orders and variations to projects.
- Proactively identifies and solves or elevates project issues related to cost, schedule, safety, or qualify.
- Represents the company in project and site meetings, chairing and minuting meetings as required.
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients, potential clients, contractors and suppliers to help develop new opportunities.
Candidate & person specification:
- Minimum of a degree (BSc or MSc) in an accredited construction related program; or 5 to 10 years related experience.
- Demonstrated skills in construction project management ideally with a consultant background.
- Experience in multi-site projects would also be a useful attribute.
- JCT Intermediate form and traditional procurement experience
- Strong ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the project team including management, project management, clients, client’s organization, contractors, and suppliers.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and email.
- The majority of work is undertaken in the UK. You will have a level of flexibility of working from home and the office as restrictions ease.
- Travel is required to manage projects effectively and will be up to and including weekly site visits.
- Must have a full UK driving licence
For the right individual, our client is prepared to offer a salary up to c£60,000 basic plus benefits to include a £5,000 car allowance, pension (up to 6% matched), private healthcare and 25 days holiday.
At mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090