Graduate Project Manager
Our client, a leading design & project management consultancy has a fantastic opportunity for a graduate project manager to work across a diverse range of private and affordable housing schemes across the South East.
As a consequence of a burgeoning project pipeline, they’re recruiting another graduate / assistant project manager to become part of their robust delivery team. Projects range from £1m-£30m (to c100 units) and their award-winning work is nationally recognized for their solid client relationships and consistently going the extra mile.
You will be based from their Kent coast office and on-site liaising with multiple parties therefore sound communication and numerical skills are essential, and you must demonstrate a capability to take ownership of projects, even at an early stage.
Other main responsibilities:
- Supporting the planning, management, co-ordination and financial control of construction projects
- Supporting the day-to-day delivery of projects, with administrators/PAs
- Involvement with design teams in the development of solutions to specific design stages
- Administrative duties of a variety of building contracts
- Proactively managing the building contract and ensuring compliance with the contract terms and conditions, preparing and issuing contract notices for payment, delays, instructions etc.
- Involvement with reporting on both the design team and contractor’s progress against the contract programme and cost plan
- Liaison with stakeholders to identify their specific requirements and maintaining regular updates
- Working closely with directors to refine strategy in terms of processes and ways of working to provide an efficient professional service across the team
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with new and existing clients
Key requirements and skills:
- Technical degree background preferred (Quantity Surveying / Building Surveying preferred)
- Some experienced / knowledge in construction process
- Sound soft skills – interpersonal skills
- Car driver
This is a progressive position as our client will nurture your development (CPD too) through to becoming an integral part of their project delivery team.
In return, our client can offer a competitive starting salary to c£25-28,000pa (experience dependant), 26 days holiday, Pension contributions, Professional Subscriptions.
At mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090