Assistant Project Manager
This global project & design led consultancy is currently looking to hire an Assistant Project Manager to join it’s dynamic design led retail team in London.
Our client have a long term secure workload and currently experiencing a particularly busy period with established clients continuing a roll out of projects in the food and beverage market, but they’re also 50% occupied with traditional retail fit out projects (premium fashion brands) including a new client with a forecasted roll out program throughout the UK and US.
Refurbishment schemes are under c£1m and your immediate responsibility will be to support the Head of Projects and be ‘hands on’ in the delivery of new retail spaces, some on a fast track program basis. (from 6 – 52 weeks)
- Providing construction project support to project manager ensuring works are completed to required standards and timelines.
- Assisting and managing the construction phase by using a complete set of drawings to collect vendor quotations from various suppliers, processing purchase orders for each individual project.
- Assisting in project set up, including seeking quotes and appointing relevant consultants.
- Monitoring supplier performance during construction build-out phase with project manager.
- Assists with maintaining established construction schedules to allow store to open on time.
- Addresses concerns and maintains consistent follow-up on any outstanding issues.
- Developing and managing budgets for small to medium scale projects consistent with timeline requirements for new store developments and renovation projects.
- Maintaining project costs within the timeline provided to project managers for approval. If over budget ensuring value engineering is used to bring projects within budgets.
- Supports as a key link between Project Managers and Internal / External Partners / Suppliers / Contractors.
- Assists in the resolution of issues raised by internal and external partners during the construction and post construction period.
- Creates and maintains project files.
- Assists with office administrative support functions, correspondence, incoming mail, telephone calls, filing, email & project procurement of suppliers, services and goods.
- Supports by participating and contributing in planning strategy meetings for the market to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Communicates supplier issues to project team, addressing any issues that may arise and helping to solve them.
- Attends site meetings (scope, pre-start, sectional completion, handover and post-completion) for continued learning and development when required.
- Also assists Project Managers on tracking progress of general contractor’s work on project sites.
- Deputizes for Project Manager by attending meetings and calls when they are unable to do so.
- Undertaking additional ad hoc projects within the department to support the construction team
- Desire to develop career and become a Project Manager.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of commercial refurbishment projects
- Understanding of the construction process – some planning experience desirable
- Proactive thinker, able to work under own initiative
- Proven ability to communicate confidently with clients, contractors and consultants
- Experience of managing/working on multiple projects at any given time
- Previous experience working for a construction consultancy or an end client
- Demonstrate the ability to control and monitor a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Candidates should have good PC literacy. Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft Project.
Candidates should have either a surveying or project management qualification (preferable degree level) Ideally be CSCS card holder and have a UK Drivers Licence
In return, our client can offer a truly dynamic working environment, a starting salary of up to £35-40k plus 28 days holiday, an annual discretionary bonus and workplace pension.
At mjhrecruitment it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to match this specification, please drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090