Project Quantity Surveyor/Quantity Surveyor
We are delighted to be re-appointed by this small, forward thinking partnership to find them another Chartered Quantity Surveyor to join their small but grwoing cost & project management practice.
Our client is a niche private partnership, based in the Marylebone area, their clients’ project demands are continuing to outgrow its professional capacity and it needs to expand again by hiring another Chartered QS professional to assist with day to day projects as both Quantity Surveyor and Project Manager.
Some typical duties will include:
- Producing accurate cost plans for client instructions issued during the construction process.
- Procuring and managing a variety of sub-contractor packages.
- Completing tender analysis’ for various different packages to accurately assess the commercial risk associated with each sub-contractor
- Assisting in completing monthly cost value reports ensuring all cost incurred that month are accounted for.
- Accurately forecasting final costs and accruals to enable a precise final value for the Project.
- Preparation and issuing of Sub-contract Orders for various different packages
- Accurately valuing monthly sub-contractors applications
- Managing Sub-contractors from pre contract through to final account.
- Assisting in the value engineering of various packages at pre tender stage to enable maximum value for money.
- Monitoring and analysing project programmes to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
Since their inception, the partnership has completed a number of large prestigious residential projects in / around Central London, current projects include prestigious residential projects re: large basement conversions / extensions and a variety of larger new build development projects. They are also managing a new build student accommodation project (475 units) over the next three years.
In order to be considered, you will require a minimum BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying with full RICS membership being highly desirable albeit not essential. However, in principle you will have a minimum 4/5 years PQS industry experience, Chartered or not.
For the successful candidate you can expect a high degree of project autonomy, working closely with a lead surveyor and enjoy flexible working where appropriate.
This really is a fabulous opportunity to work in a small but very dynamic office with some highly experienced property professionals around you.
Salary guide c£45,000 – 52,500 basic + benefits (dependent on experience)
At mjhrecruitment it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to match this specification, please drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090