Construction Project Manager
An award winning consultancy is urgently seeking to appoint a Project Manager at an exciting phase of this specific service lines’ development. Reporting to the Service Director you will be expected to manage projects autonomously but with the support of a talented multi-disciplined office.
Selection of projects includes a £15m grade-listed refurbishment in a high value building (ideal candidate to have SC clearance) and major programme for a large London borough, current phase is c£12m, objective to refurbish local authority homes which involve challenging and complex site challenges and stakeholder engagement. Other projects include new build & refurbishments of museums, private & public healthcare properties and various university campus projects.
Some of your duties will include:
- Establishing client brief and appointment of consultants
- Co-ordinating feasibility studies
- Oversight of project finances from inception to completion
- Undertaking contact administration, JCT, NEC
- Development of project documentation, programmes, master budget, risk register
- Monitor and report on the contractors progress
- Chair progress, co-ordination and project meetings throughout the project
- Conduct pre-start and handover meetings
- Ensure that all CDM regulations are met
The successful candidate will ideally chartered (RICS, CIOB, RIBA, MICE) with minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a consultancy project management role. Candidates must be able to lead projects and have a demonstrable client facing ability. You will also require sound interpersonal skills as well as written communication skills. Candidates will be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Project
Starting salary c£50-55k package (dependent on experience) Benefits include 25 days holiday, private healthcare, car allowance, life Assurance, 5% employer pension contribution.
At mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090