Senior Quantity Surveyor (NEC)
Our client is a global provider of facilities management services including hard services to various national property estates. They have an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support their finance department in managing various projects (NEC contracts) with a number of CAT B and fit out projects with various commercial offices across the UK. Projects vary from £25k to £5m.
Candidates will need to have a Quantity Surveying degree, ideally Chartered (MRICS) but not essential. You must have a good knowledge of the NEC form of contract. It is a necessity that candidates have some recent consultancy experience with the ability to manage aforementioned project values independently and all associated client reporting. The role is encompasses a fully suite of contract administration responsibilities. Many projects are being managed in tandem so requires a highly organised person who likes to roll up their sleeves!
- Supporting the bid and tender process on projects.
- End to end NEC 3 commercial management and project Financials: pricing, cashflows, stage payment agreements, Project reconciliations and Final Accounting
- Project and monthly reporting including Applications, cost validations & Forecasts
- To manage Compensation Events and Early Warning Notices
- To ensure Projects are priced accurately and delivered ensuring best practice is achieved
- As part of the PMO function to monitor that Processes and Controls are being maintained and improved where risk/ weaknesses are identified
- To support the Head of Projects to manage and control costs on Projects including Subcontractor Agreements
- To ensure the Team are delivering within the Corporate guidelines and Authority Matrix.
- To attend internal and external meetings
The post is initially offered on a fixed term of 6 months with a strong likelihood of permanent employment thereafter. The requirement is urgent so candidates applying should be available within a maximum of 1 months’ notice. Expectation to work from home and be in London 1 or 2 days per week.
Basic salary offered up to £70k + bens dependent on level of experience.
At mjhrecruitment it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to match this specification, please drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090