Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our client are an exciting and emerging cost consultancy based in the Kent area. Their 2021 has proven to be a very robust year – to date – and they’re consequently seeking to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their expert service with a strong outlook through 21/22.
Our clients market exposure is generally prime and super prime residential for private clients plus commercial projects for private investment clients that retain their properties. All current and pipeline projects are repeat client commissions or recommendations such is their excellent reputation.
A selection of current projects includes new build offices (behind retained facades) in central London (c£18m), a mixed use commercial (£8m) and smaller residential (including one off houses to a pub conversion to flats), up to c£3m. Larger projects include a new build hotel in London, c£15m and various commercial schemes expectant across the next 12-18 months in addition to other signifcant prime residential projects.
Key person specification:
- Recently qualified (MRICS) or nearing qualification (APC)
- Experience with professional firms working client side but contractor surveyors will be considered
- Experience working with private sector clients (Prime residential experience isn’t essential)
- Be diligent, accurate and commercially astute
- Have good working capability with all modern software including QS packages
- Have direct experience of undertaking cost plans, taking off quantities and good knowledge of NRM & JCT Contract suite
- Be confident dealing with clients, consultants and contractors
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and be prepared to go the extra mile
- At a competent APC level, capable of running smaller projects with minimal supervision and working with a Partner on larger projects
In return, they can offer an excellent balance of office to WFH benefits with a negotiable starting salary, up to £75k to potentially include conversations with those bordering Associate level too.
At mjhrecruitment it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to match this specification, please drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090