Senior Cost Manager – Construction
Based out of a vibrant office space in Central London, our client, a well established PQS consultancy, is a urgently requiring two experienced cost managers (preferably with Cost X experience) to play an important part within their cost planning and post contract services on various high end residential / mixed use projects from £20m to c£150m. Reporting to a Senior Associate, your principled role is to deliver, with a high degree of autonomy, cost management services to a variety of clients on a first point of contact basis.
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies, tender documentation and pre-tender estimates.
- Provide advice on procurement and contracts with internal support
- Attending client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively contribute at these meetings
- Prepare robust contract documentation, including letters of intent, for execution by our clients and their main contractors.
- Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
- Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the clients project manager prior to submission.
- Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
- Valuing scheme variations.
- Agreeing scheme final accounts
- Analysing scheme construction costs for the client’s taxation purposes
- Manage relationships with various people, including clients, project architects, services engineers, project managers, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal teams
- Actively support business objectives and deliver value for money in all circumstances
- Act as a mentor to support and provide guidance to more junior members of staff within the team (at Senior level)
- Applies knowledge and experience intelligently to produce high quality work, practical and commercial solutions which meet client objectives
- Communicates clearly and concisely to clients on a range of complex issues and has the ability to produce high quality reports
- Manages multiple projects at any given time and delivers work steadily and within stated deadlines
- Contributes own views and ideas in a confident manner
- Identifies opportunities to add value
- Ability to talk knowledgably around the residential market in London
Experience and qualifications
- Working towards RICS (with minimum 3 years PQS experince to date) or MRICS qualified
- Both pre and post contract skills and experience, with a focus on cost planning
- Developing / extensive residential and mixed use experience
- Experience of managing/working on multiple projects at any given time
- COST X experience advantageous
If required, our client will also consider an interim appointment (min 6 months term) but candidates will 100% require the right experience and qualifications to be considered in the first instance. Day rate to £300 to max. 400 per day. (dependent on experience)
On a permanent basis, our client are offering a generous salary + benefits including a discretionary bonus, private medical cover, pension, season ticket loan.
At mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090