Quantity Surveyor – Developer
An opportunity most PQS’s would bite an arm off for! Our client is a ‘top of the food chain’ residential developer and investor with significant residential assets in Greater and Central London.
Based out of their Mayfair offices, they wish to appoint a Chartered Quantity Surveyor to join their niche construction team (wider office of 25 staff) and become intrinsically involved in managing new opportunities and a number of live construction projects whilst continuing to develop a robust ‘in house’ cost expertise function alongside monitoring various other external parties.
Our client is very busy, they have an extensive portfolio of residential assets (circa £1bn) with opportunities to grow & develop that further (even in the current market) with their primary focus being to develop buildings for long term income.
Candidate skills & competency:
- Candidates MUST be MRICS (please do not apply if you’re not Chartered via the RICS)
- High level Quantity surveying degree (2;1 degree minimum)
- Targeting those with 4 to 6 years’ post degree experience who can demonstrate a strong consultancy / developer experience to date, some contractor experience could be advantageous (preference for London based experience)
- Strong contractual awareness (JCT) – co-ordinating and managing tender packages, managing drawdowns, payments & valuations.
- Immediate ability to manage equivalent projects from start to finish.
- Preference for candidates with private residential experience to date
- Candidates should be car drivers for visiting multiple sites.
Packages are a generous lump sum + benefits. Guide budget set to max £70k + benefits but basic salary dependent on experience.
Not many of these opportunities come around – if you’ve considered this as your next step beyond PQS or otherwise, we look forward to speaking with you!
At mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090