Project Quantity Surveyor
Our exclusive client, an established, reputable and traditional PQS consultancy has an exciting opportunity for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial developer team.
The successful candidate can expect to be working on schemes within C.London including prominent projects for landed estates and asset management companies. Typically, projects are cut and carve projects including Cat A fit outs.
Reporting to an industry respected Partner, you’ll be assisting other senior project surveyors and associates through cost planning stages through design development, tender, adjudication, appointment and post contract services including agreement of final account. At all times, you can expect to find a very supportive & friendly team around you!
Candidates wishing to apply must have an RICS accredited degree in Quantity Surveying, ideally be Chartered (MRICS) but alternatively, candidates who are in their late APC stages are encouraged to apply but you must have had a minimum of two years UK based PQS training to date.
This is a progressive appointment, and with their guidance and support, our client is seeking an ambitious surveyor who’s talent will allow them to progress to a Senior Project Surveyor level within 12-18 months.
Technical expectations of the post are as follows:
- Performing feasibility estimating through to agreement of Final Account
- Experience with traditional JCT contracts (generally without quantities but with contract design portions, or Design and Build Contracts)
- Feasibility estimating/approximate quantities and detailed cost planning using NRM 1 and 2;
- Pre-contract duties including design review, value engineering, value management, production of tender documentation, tender analysis on return of contractor’s proposals and production of contract documentation
- Post-contract duties including monthly valuations, cost reporting, valuing variations and change, agreement of final account. Further services could include life cycle costing
In addition, candidates will need to be able to demonstrate strong communication skills, be organised and able to manage reporting and project deadlines working independently or as part of a team. Good interpersonal skills are also be required for engaging with clients (review meetings), designers, contractors, and colleagues alike.
Finally, our client maintains a superb ethos, it’s a calm and encouraging and enjoyable working environment with a sound social culture too. This is reflected in the relationships with their clients, other consultants and in amongst staff members. Their team ethic is founded on honesty, understanding, trust and a consistent commitment to deliver the best possible service to their clients.
In return, our client is offering a starting salary between £30,000 – £45,000 (dependent on experience) including a car allowance + up to 8% pension + 25 days holiday + an Interest free season ticket loan
At mjhrecruitment it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to match this specification, please drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090