We’re delighted to be representing an acclaimed international developer in finding a Commercial Manager to support, in house, their various development projects in the London market. Our client has 6 million sqft of residential property in various locations internationally with a further 2 million sqft in the pipeline, and over £500m committed in the UK.
They are principally looking for commercial support with two London based projects, a residential / hotel mixed use project at 300,000 sqft and a mixed use residential development at over 1 million sqft
Scope of work:
- Supporting Commercial Director on all project related matters
- Conduct feasibility studies
- Prepare, negotiate and analyze costs for tenders and contracts;
- Manage costs relating to building and projects, from the initial to the final figures;
- Seek to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality;
- Prepare financial reporting mechanisms
- Protect company interests at all times.
- Register and control invoices;
- Issue notices
- Control and update the insurance documentation
- Request quotation, prepare the comparison and negotiate to agreement
- Prepare and track the status of memorandums for budget approvals
- Prepare the contract packages for minor work (outside cost consultant scope of services);
- Attend the pre and post contract meetings (if required)
- Prepare the preparation of deed of appointment;
- Assist Team with commercial matters, contractor valuations
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project as part of value engineering requirement;
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly;
- Measure and value the work done on site for internal reporting;
- Review and prepare cost reports to funders as necessary.
- Overseeing and monitoring project quantity surveyor in various aspect of project deliverable
- Provide cost / commercial advice to the project team on key decisions required for design and procurement
Key personal criteria:
- Extensive property consultancy and / or developer experience – UK / London experience
- Significant experience in residential new build development.
- Quantity Surveying degree (minimum) with post MRICS qualification experience
- Candidate to possess mind set for a challenging environment.
- Attention to detail and commercial minded
- Pro-active and forward thinking
- Ability to manage and monitor consultant teams
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Salary package: £80k – £90k basic salary plus pension, private healthcare, 22 days holiday + annual discretionary bonus
At mjhrecruitment it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to match this specification, please drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090