Assistant / Project Quantity Surveyor
A very exciting opportunity to join a niche Cost Consultancy business in Central London. Now into their 3rd year of trading they’re expanding and seeking to employ another Assistant / Project level QS with circa 3 years post graduate professional experience to assist with several new & on-going projects.
Principally you will be assisting on variety of mixed use schemes with a burgeoning London property developer (acting for them as clients’ QS) plus other projects ranging from £500k to £10m in a variety of sectors.
This opportunity will absolutely provide you with a complete range of projects and project experience from start to finish. Schemes range from refurbishments and demolition, new build commercial offices, hotels, residential (including high rise), temples and international cost consultancy commissions too!
Our client has had a very successful two years and is forecast to potentially double their turnover for 18/19 with the onset of a further £115m worth of projects anticipated imminently and that’s notwithstanding a current £50m worth of projects already on going.
- Procuring and managing a variety of sub-contractor packages.
- Completing tender analysis’ for various different packages to accurately assess the commercial risk associated with each sub-contractor
- Assisting in completing monthly cost value reports ensuring all cost incurred that month are accounted for.
- Accurately forecasting final costs and accruals to enable a precise final value for the Project.
- Preparation and issuing of Sub-contract Orders for various different packages
- Accurately valuing monthly sub-contractors applications including full re-measures.
- Managing Sub-contractors from pre contract through to final account.
- Producing accurate cost plans for client instructions issued during the construction process.
- Assisting in the value engineering of various packages at pre tender stage to enable maximum value for money.
- Monitoring and analysing project programmes to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
Candidate applications are encouraged from those with PQS experience but also contractor experience will be considered. Support will be given to your continued professional development – re: CIOB/ RICS.
This is a very exciting opportunity for an ambitious surveyor who’s keen to make an independent mark and join a developing business at a significant and influential stage.
Remuneration includes a premium basic salary to £40,000 (depending on experience) + pension (2%) + incentivised commission on newly generated project work + 20 days holiday not including Christmas shut down + Mobile & Laptop + RICS fees paid and any APC training costs provided (as necessary)
At mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090