Assistant or Project Quantity Surveyor
My exclusive client is a small independent cost consultancy that’s on the up and on the move! They’re currently establishing a permanent office space to accommodate anticipated growth, underlined by a heavy project portfolio. They are immediately requiring a strong Assistant level quantity surveyor (1 year APC level minimum) or a project level quantity surveyor with c3-5 years’ experience. (If at APC level, their Director can assist with on-going training needs)
Their client portfolio is Increasing and its bolstered by a key developer relationship who are involved with some significant regeneration projects (residential above & commercial ground) around East London – a notable scheme is a 10 unit re-development, extending to 30 units in due course. Notwithstanding this, a selection of their other workload is as follows:
- A £12m new build conversion project (existing warehousing) in Hackney.
- A mixed-use 42 residential unit scheme (c50,000sqft) with basement and ground floor commercial. (On site).
- Private residential developer work – Kentish Town / Chelsea and Hackney – schemes £0.5m-1.5m
- International – new city development in Southern Africa– appointment secured through to tender & construction phase
- New religious temples – £5m & £8m respectively.
- New developer client – acquisition of a prominent Kings Cross site for new build hotel & residential project (c£50m)
Typical duties performed (acting as both PQS and also contractors QS on site):
- Procuring and managing a variety of sub-contractor packages.
- Completing tender analysis’ for various different packages to accurately assess the commercial risk associated with each sub-contractor
- Assisting in completing monthly cost value reports ensuring all cost incurred that month are accounted for.
- Accurately forecasting final costs and accruals to enable a precise final value for the Project.
- Preparation and issuing of Sub-contract Orders for various different packages
- Accurately valuing monthly sub-contractors applications including full re-measures.
- Managing Sub-contractors from pre contract through to final account.
- Producing accurate cost plans for client instructions issued during the construction process.
- Assisting in the value engineering of various packages at pre tender stage to enable maximum value for money.
- Monitoring and analysing project programmes to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to become an important part of a growing company – joining at an early & potentially influential stage (irrespective of experience) where business ownership becomes a real prospect in due course. As a starting salary, our client is looking to offer the successful candidate between £30,000 – 40,000 (depending on experience)
At MJH Recruitment it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise: choose the experts… We make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 020 7932 0090