Senior / Project Manager
Our client, a niche project management consultancy, due to significant increased workloads, is seeking to appoint an experienced Project Manager to grow their existing team focusing on delivering arts, heritage and cultural construction projects across the UK.
From their Sussex based office, typical projects are based around homes counties but they also include projects in the North, Midlands and Lincolnshire areas including museums, town halls, galleries, pavilions, studio projects as well as private estate development project (via private funding). Many projects entail grade listed buildings with projects values varying between £250k up to £10m.
As part of a flat structured business, the successful candidate should expect to be managing several projects concurrently, you will be expected to take full ownership of projects.
Because of the detailed nature of some projects, specifically those that are publicly or lottery funded, these projects can require significantly greater inputs in early design & procurement stages including managing complex relationships across various stakeholders / multi-disciplinary teams. It’s therefore ideal that candidates have suitable knowledge / experience of these project scenarios/ environments.
Some duties will include:
- Responsibility for the development of the project management strategy and delivery
- Producing project execution plans
- Monitoring and documenting project progress
- Preparing written project communications
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports
- Liaising with the client, contractors and designers
- Responsible for managing the sub-consultants
- Attending and chairing meetings
- Stakeholder management
Candidates should have a minimum 5 years post-qualification (graduation) experience and you will require demonstrable evidence of having delivered UK based construction projects autonomously – ideally within cultural or complimentary sectors.
Candidate selection criteria:
- Possess experience of managing construction projects in public / independently funded projects (not residential sector)
- Have some private / commercial sector experience – ideally experience of heritage / grade listed property projects
- Have experience of working within a property consultancy environment – UK based
- Ideally professionally qualified (RICS / APM) in fields of Project Management and / or Quantity Surveying
- Full driving licence
Lastly, as our client manages projects throughout the UK, travel should be anticipated albeit your principled office will be based out of their Sussex office.
In return, our client can offer the successful candidate a friendly and supportive small team culture alongside opportunities for flexible working hours in managing busy lives! Starting salary up to £50,000 – 55,000 per annum + benefits
At mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090