Our client is a highly respected Building & Project Management consultancy based in the city of London. They are seeking to appoint a Monitoring Surveyor with significant IMS experience to join their expanding team.
Employing almost 30 staff with specialised teams of building surveyors, project managers and quantity surveyors. Fee income for curent year is anticipated for c£5m. Currently they have 5 qualified surveyors who provide development monitoring instructions but are looking to establish a specialist team.
An impressive list of private clients, including many funds, banks, institutional and other investors, property companies, developers, occupiers, and technology sector clients.
Over 20 years’ experience in development monitoring for funders with an excellent reputation. An impressive list of private clients, including many funds, banks, institutional and other investors, property companies, developers, occupiers, and technology sector clients. IMS accounts for approximately 15-20% of annual fee income.
Our typical projects sizes range from £1m to £40m construction values across a number of sectors, predominantly residential PD conversions and new build schemes for sale or rent, student accommodation schemes, hotels, retail, commercial and industrial and logistics developments.
Some key deliverables:
- All aspects of monitoring for lenders including development appraisal; project risk and risk analysis; procurement, programme and cost management skills.
- Ability to review building contracts, consultant appointments, warranties, insurances, neighbourly agreements and technical due diligence reports.
- Production of written reports on the viability of a development (Initial report) and budgetary control, quality, progress, insurances, contracts and adherence to statutory procedures (Interim Reports).
- The role requires direct liaison with clients, lawyers, valuers, developers and their professional teams.
Experience / Skills
- Degree in Building Surveying or Quantity Surveying.
- MRICS qualification (QS or BS route).
- Minimum 2 years post qualification experience of providing Independent Monitoring Services.
The successful candidate will be able to operate independently as well as providing valuable support to the team head and associate director.
It’s a fabulous opportunity for an experienced and ambitious candidate to become a valued member of a growing team and contribute positively to the future growth of the business and your own progression.
Excellent starting salary package upto c£75,000 + generous incentive bonus scheme. Dependent on experience.
At mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat.