Intermediate Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor
An independent Quantity Surveying and Cost Management practice employing 12 staff are wishing to expand their Kent office with the addition of a bright and ambitious Intermediate level Quantity Surveyor. Suitable candidates must have a QS degree and at least a couple of years’ professional experience preferably within the consultancy sector.
Our clients’ project portfolio includes major schemes in healthcare, education, residential, civils and utility sectors. On-going projects include a prestigious heritage scheme, various new build healthcare & education buildings, an amphitheatre and a nature reserve! They are also appointed at phases 1 & 2 of an affordable housing scheme with future workloads including a hospital project and post-contract support as contractor QS on a £4m scheme.
Consequently, you can look forward to becoming involved in a variety of schemes supported by a very friendly office! APC support can be provided via a number of Chartered professionals already entrenched in the business.
Key professional duties include:
- Good knowledge of either JCT & NEC contracts
- Detailed knowledge of SMM7 and NRM2
- Personal ability to produce a full Bill of Quantities and cost plans to tight timescales. (our client prepares BoQs on a variety of commercial units, education, housing and leisure projects)
- Ability to attribute the form of contract, conditions and obligations to be imposed
- Contractual negotiation and subsequent engagement on site with contractors
- Ability to manage final account forecasts and deal with variations to ensure the clients budget is met.
- Carry out the negotiation of final accounts.
- Managing clients key documents for commercial control.
- Providing construction cost advice as may be required.
You will be expected to liaise with clients directly, typically carrying out pre & post contract duties. That may require you to work individually or / and as part of the design team.
Our client is fully committed to being a great employer and to providing their clients with an exemplary service. They are ready to invest in your future and provide you with a long term career opportunity with realistic chances to develop your skills and experience to a managerial level and beyond!
Initial starting salary is £35,000 – £45,000 + benefits (depending on experience)
All candidates must have a legal right to work in the UK.
At mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090