Assistant Project Manager
Our client is a boutique project management practice based in Berkshire. They’ve seeking to hire an Assistant Project Manager as a result of increased project opportunities with both existing and new clients. Their typical projects include a variety of new commercial offices, hotels and numerous projects for out of town retail parks.
Supported by a Director, you will become an integral part of their close knit team making significant contributions to the business, both commercially and culturally.
Your primary role will be to initially manage smaller projects – less than £1m – typically ‘cut & carve’, strip outs & remodelling projects but also supporting other Senior colleagues on larger schemes; cultivating appropriate skills and experience as part of your CPD.
Projects are located across the South East and Midlands so candidate must be able to drive, own their own vehicle and be within a 45 min commuting distance of the Newbury area.
- Work closely with colleagues to identify and understand the project brief / requirements.
- Develop successful, professional relationships with clients
- Manage & lead smaller projects
- Manage & lead project tasks as part of a wider team on larger projects .
- Work closely with all stakeholders.
- Understand, promote and implement sustainability briefs and Health & Safety Policies
- Prepare construction and development budgets
- Providing regular reports on actual and forecast expenditure against budgets.
- Assist with the negotiation of consultant fees, instruct and manage invoice process
- Prepare programmes for monitoring purposes
- Prepare and update accurate internal and external project documentation
- You will be supported in these duties and working towards a career development plan.
Successful applicant requirements:
- BSc in Surveying / Construction project management / Engineering or Architecture degree – with preference for Hons accreditation to RICS (APC pathway)
- Min 6 months full time professional consultancy experience to date
- Effective communicator and enthusiastic character.
- Developing knowledge of the key principals of Project Management.
- Understanding general principles of project / development cost control.
- Understanding of project programmes and critical paths
- Good MS Office skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Car owner & driver
Package would include a starting salary c£32,000 – 36,000 Basic + 5% Pension + 28 days paid holiday + Discretionary benefits + Bonus + a Professional subscription paid.
At mjhrecruitment it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to match this specification, please drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090